Friday, November 6, 2009

Thoughts from the Tank Tenders...

Our 5th grade students are doing a great job tending the tank. Every day they need to remove any dead eggs/fry and record the numbers. They monitor the water temperature and water quality through a temperature recording and ph testing. I also have placed a journal to record their thoughts on the project. With their permission, I will post their thoughts on the project as the year progresses.

Thoughts from the Tank Tenders:
11/5/09
Jordan Berrier- I really like trout. I can't wait till they're bigger.
Megan Beason- The trout eggs are so small. I am so excited till they get really big!
Karrie Boone- Last night the trout came. 82 of them died.
Sydney Darr- The trout eggs came. But, I never seen them Big!
Connor Henry- I would like to help with the trout every day.


A few more have hatched so we have about 6 alevin. The students removed one that died.
leaving 311 in the tank at present.

No comments:

Post a Comment