Friday, January 18, 2013

If at first you don't succeed....fry, fry again!

Trout arrive as students dismiss!
Thank You PFBC for putting the smiles back!
The students were so excited today when our shipment of fry came from the hatchery! We placed the bag in the aquarium to allow the temperature to acclimate.  Tomorrow morning when the students arrive the fry should be swimming free in the tank!  I placed them in the tank this evening. Hopefully they will be alive and well in the morning. I have been having a little difficulty with the chiller. It has been accumulating ice. I have tried to change the parameters on the thermostat to see if I can resolve the problem without much success so far. The tank temperature is holding at 51 degrees, but it continues to accumulate ice. I hope we can keep this group of trout alive. The students are eager to feed the fish!
Happily swimming in their new home!
So far, so good...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment