Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Eggcitement!

 The smiles on their faces tell the story! I love seeing students excited about learning at school. That is one of the main reasons I love this program. Today we received the second batch of brook trout eggs for our Trout in the Classroom Program. This batch was lovingly hand picked by our coordinator. There was a notable difference in this shipment. There was only 1 dead egg. I placed 179 eggs into another basket in our tank following the same procedure described yesterday. I placed the cover over the tank to help them settle in peacefully. Hopefully, they will hatch over the next few days without incident. If all goes well each student will be able to place their own trout into the stream on May 15, 2014. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment